→ROCKETS Holding GmbH
developing finance mechanisms for green buildings
About the enterprise:
ROCKETS – the FinTech enterprise from Graz – founded in 2013 GREEN ROCKET, one of the first Crowdfunding platforms in Austria. By 2016, three platforms had been founded – GREEN ROCKET, HOME ROCKET and LION ROCKET, which are now responsible for the biggest yearly volume of investment in the domestic crowdfunding sector.
GREEN ROCKET has been contesting its position as Europe’s leading Crowdfunding platform for the exclusive financing of sustainably oriented Start Ups and Enterprises for years now. HOME ROCKET started in 2015 as a platform for real estate-crowdfunding and has only been cooperating with renowned contractors, whose respective real estate projects are reviewed by impartial assessments. LION ROCKET has been established as a platform for renowned enterprises since its foundation in 2016 and combines financing with marketing and costumer loyalty activities. In 2016 ROCKETS developed the digital online marking of shares and bonds and placed it on the market. Since then it has been an official funding partner of the Vienna Exchange.
About the initiative:
With UNIC, ROCKETS want to start an initiative, which puts HOME ROCKETS successfully financed real estate projects into the center. Its projects regularly reach their respective funding limit, which shows the high trust of the crowd in these reviewed real estate projects. However, one can notice, that these projects are not (radically) greened objects or projects that have the goal to explicitly contribute to climate change adaption.
It is the goal of this project initiative with UNIC, in combination with the sustainable orientation of the platform GREEN ROCKET, to reinforce the focus on the topic of Impact Investment – specifically on the topic of adaption to climate change with green and blue infrastructure on and around the real estate projects, for example via the greening of buildings. This way, investments by the crowd in a real estate project shall in the future contribute to the adaption to climate change via greening and to climate protection via the passive cooling of buildings.
Incentive schemes and financing models shall be developed within the frameworks of UNIC, so that in the future green infrastructure will increasingly be thought of, financed and implemented in projects. A possibility would be social impact bonds, new calculation models for real estate value growth through the greening of buildings and in general new financing instruments that allow constructors to implement and utilize green real estate more easily. A demo-project design shall be developed.
- Application period for project initiatives: 01.12.2019 – 06.03.2020
- Early Bird tickets: 01.01.2020 – 31.01.2020
- Termination of review procedures for project initiatives: 15.03.2020
- Regular ticket sale: 01.02.2020 – 10.04.2020
- Congress: 16–17.04.2020
- Which challenges arise when financing and implementing green infrastructure with real estate projects?
- What are the reasons, green infrastructure is only seldomly considered?
- What do real estate developers need, to be able to rather consider green infrastructure in the future?
- Which incentive schemes and which financing models allow for the broadest impact and the most efficient financing of green infrastructure possible?
- Which individual incentive schemes/ financing models are suitable to enable climate-(impact-)-investments for real estate projects via ROCKETS?
We are searching for:
For the project “ROCKTES: developing finance for green buildings” we are searching for a maximum of thirty participants with the following backgrounds:
- Climate experts
- Real estate developers / building contractors
- Financing experts