→Greened by yourself — DIY greening platform
What if we green the city ourselves — together and in the neighbourhood?
The idea of a “green oasis” in the concentrated, grey urban space is often appealing. In many places there is a desire for plants in, on and around houses. But the practical implementation often fails due to banalities.
The greening of the facade in front of the house, the vegetable bed in the inner courtyard, the tree disc of the area management — all of these are greenings that are only built and retained if someone feels responsible for them. The big question in advance is: Who would like to take care of the greening and actively participate in the construction and maintenance?
There is currently no low-threshold support for the planning, construction and long-term care and maintenance of the various greening elements. With “greened by yourself” we want to create an online platform that is intended to be used for greening design in public spaces. In addition to DIY instructions for (modular) greening elements, it should also offer space for inspiration and exchange between the people involved. A platform not only to clarify questions about greening directly with your own neighbours on site, but also to receive suggestions from the “digital residents” of the neighbourhood.
The focus of this project is on participation in the neighbourhood and the exchange between generations. The active participation should be as easy as possible so that the inhibition threshold of interested residents is as low as possible.
In the UNIC co-creation workshops this concept will be planned in more detail and a research proposal will be prepared so that the platform can actually be implemented.
- Registration: from August 05th, 2020
- Congress: 24–25.09.2020
The Questions are:
- What knowledge is necessary so that city residents can plan, build and install greenings themselves?
- How can green elements be planned and installed? How do the instructions have to look like?
- How can the maintenance be made participatory?
- How can you reach the people who want to participate?
- What can a web-based solution look like that supports active implementation online and promotes exchange?
- Which interfaces need to be considered?
- Which groups should be involved?
We are looking for:
For the project “Greened by yourself — DIY platform” we are looking for a maximum of 20 participants with the following background :
- Landscape planning
- Vegetation technology
- Spatial planning
- Neighbourhood initiatives
- Web development